Monday, November 26, 2012

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday by far.  There's always great food and long conversations around a dining room table.  This year was a little different because we had kids over and we ended up turning on a movie to keep them occupied.   I see what's in store for me now. :)

I kept my decorations simple for Thanksgiving.  I created a banner that says "Give Thanks" out of burlap.  I came across this blog on Pinterest and she has the template all ready for you.  Only mistake I made was buying the wrong transfer paper.  I purchased the dark transfer paper first and you'll want the transfer paper for white material.   I'll find a use for the other paper down the road. 



I created the table runner out of burlap.  I bought two yards of burlap and then cut the width I liked.  One edge was already pre-sewn so the burlap wouldn't unravel.  With white thread, I sewed the three other sides so they wouldn't unravel as well.  

I had the fake leaves already so I put those on the burlap along with candles. I thought it turned out well. :)


And here is the beautiful bird my husband grilled.  We stuffed it with thyme, an orange, an apple and a red onion.  It was delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment