Monday, November 5, 2012

DIY with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Since joining Pinterest, I've been inspired by all the DIY boards. I love all the pre/post pictures of painted furniture and have been itching to upcycle a piece of furniture. I read a lot about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint so my mind was set on using it on my next project.   As luck would have it, my neighbor put an old dresser in the alley with a "free" sign so I snatched it right up.  Perfect piece to try out. 
Free dresser!  Drawers are stacked on  each other.


I purchased $80 worth of chalk paint/supplies from a little store in Littleton, CO, The Little Black Chair.  I wasn't too surprised by the price tag because I went in knowing this was expensive paint.  Still, seems a bit outrageous for paint (I'm just happy the dresser was free!!).  I bought Paris grey paint and clear wax. 

I was instructed that I did not have to sand the piece before painting.  Yippee! Sanding is my least favorite thing to do. I used roughly two layers of paint and once it dried completely, I applied a thin layer of wax. 



Overall, I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I really like the color.  However, due to the cost of it, I don't foresee using it anytime soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment