Tuesday, December 9, 2014

How I decorate for the holidays!

I LOVE the holiday season, especially since I have two small children AND we're in our first house.  I wanted to keep the decorating simple because I don't want to store a bunch of decorations for 11 months.  

SOOO here's what I came up with!!!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!


Mantel - bought cheap red & gold ornaments from the dollar store and put them in two vases.  Added the red candlesticks for a little pizazz.  (I think shimmery gold candlesticks may look better so I'll be on the lookout for some).

The Bucilla stocking kits are a tradition in my family.  My mom made mine when I was little and I made my husband's and two kids.  They take forever to make so give yourself a few months. 

I bought wood letters from Hobby Lobby and wrapped them in burlap.

My mitten advent calendar on display.  I made all the mittens last year and was so excited to hang them up this year!

My mother-in-law made the santa felt picture for us a few years ago.  It's made out of triangles and squares.  How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment