Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Delicious Lemon Cake by Barefoot Contessa

Ina Garten rocks.  Ina's lemon cake rocks.  I'm very picky about what goes into my recipe book but this one passed my test. 

Barefoot Contessa's recipe - click here

My tweaks:
I omit the glaze on the top.  I found it to be too tart.  I still add the lemon juice/sugar mixture after its finished baking.  A cake soaked with sugar and lemon?..yes, please.

Who doesn't love a blueberry and lemon combo?  I measured out a cup of blueberries, gave them a good rinse and dusted them with flour.  I added the blueberries to only one loaf pan.  I left the other loaf pan plain ole lemon.

Lemon Cake at High Altitude:
Living at 5,280 feet has some challenges.  Add 1/4 c more flour (3 1/4 c) and decrease the baking soda by a tad.  I scooped out 1/2 tsp and then sprinkled about an 1/8 to 1/4 back of it back in the box.  How's that for science?  I typically bake at a higher oven temp but these loaves turned out great at 350.


No comments:

Post a Comment