Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"Owl" Sit on You! DIY Floor Pouf

Happy New Year!  
I'm dedicating 2013 as the year for sewing!  I learned basic sewing as a kid (my mom still has a horribly awesome pot holder I made her in grade school) and I also took a class in high school but haven't really sewn since.  I've pretty much forgotten all that I learned except very basic things. I can sew pillow cases envelope style - without zippers or button holes, and basic market totes.  By the end of the year, I'd like to make something with zippers and/or button holes.  Doesn't seem like too hard of a goal...I mean I have one year to figure it out. :)  

In the meantime, I came across this floor pouf tutorial on Pinterest that requires basic sewing skills...right up my alley.  This was my first time using piping so I was pretty excited and I loved how this turned out.

I purchased the owl print at Hobby Lobby and used Hot Pink Maxi Piping Bias Tape.  Total cost of the project was around $15. Not bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment